There are a hundred and one ways how to do your spaghetti bolognese, but this is the way we do it and the way we like it ...... home made style :)
• Get yourself some good quality Spaghetti, Italian brands for me are the preferred!
• Add water in a pot, add salt and a drop of olive oil and get the bugger to a boil.
• Until the water is getting to a boil chop some onions & garlic and prepare your minced beef (please make sure its not frozen like a brick else it get clumpy!).
• Put some olive oil in a pan and push up the heat! When this is ready sizzle those onions and garlic and you may add two chillies for some added punch! When the onions are starting to brown (not burn!) add the minced beef and get it cooking.
• In the meantime the water should have boiled - add the Pasta and take the timing so you have it 'al Dente"
• When the meat is cooked add the tomato sauce and leave to simmer.
• Now its time for the secret ingredient - Bovril! Melt one Bovril cube in some hot water and add to the sauce for some nice beefy taste!
• When the pasta is ready - ensure its done and after draining add to the sauce and mix well!
And there you are! Your Spaghetti Bolognese is ready to serve and be devoured!